The D-WISE Network:
Following a first encounter in Madrid in July 2017, in December 2018 Fundación ONCE promoted the launch of a European Observatory for Inclusive Employment and SDGs with the aim to raise awareness, to build an EU partnership and to conduct a study on the common characteristics and challenges of social economy organizations and companies employing a significant percentage of persons with disabilities in Europe.
The project, co-financed by the European Social Fund in the framework of Disability Hub Europe, was set up by a coalition of six organizations active in the social economy sector employing persons with disabilities from Belgium, the Netherlands, Slovenia, France, Sweden and Spain.
At the European level, the network associations European Platform for Rehabilitation (EPR), the European Association of Service Providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD).
Additionally, Workability International, the European Disability Forum (EDF), the European Union of Supported Employment (EUSE) and the Global Business and Disability Network of the International Labour Organization (ILO) serve as observers.
After two years of activity, the European Observatory for Inclusive Employment and SDGs is a consolidated project, which will operate as D-WISE Network.
- To analyze how the social economy sector employing significant percentages of workers with disabilities effectively contribute to their labour and social inclusion in Europe.
- To examine the existing employment models for persons with disabilities in social economy and their alignment with the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UN CRPD).
- To explore policy needs and provide recommendations for decision-makers.
- To contribute to the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- July 2017: First encounter in Madrid
- December 2018: Kick-off meeting in Brussels
- First half of 2019: Data collection from national partners
- Second half of 2019: Development of comparative report
- May-October 2019: Site visits at partner locations across Europe
- October 2019: Joint Strategic Discussion Seminar of all partners in Paris
- June 2020: Partners' Joint Strategic Discussion Seminar. Publication of Comparative Research Report
- November 2020: Publication of Policy Recommendations and Case Studies
- December 2020: Launch of the D-WISE Network new name, logo and website
- February 2021: D-WISE Network Members Meeting
- April 2021: Discussions with MEPs Estrella Durá, Stelios Kympouropoulos and Katrin Langensiepen. Roundtable Discussion on Social Economy with EU Commissioner Nicolas Schmit.
- October 2021: Webinar in collaboration with the European Platform for Rehabilitation
- March-April 2022: Travel across Europe to visit a number of Work Inclusion Social Enterprises
- September 2022: Members meeting in Brussels. Three new members join the D-WISE network. High-level event with a representative of the European Commission
- October 2022: Publication of Social Impact Report for D-WISEs